… And Start Doing Stuff You Care About.Ever felt that you are different, weird even and that no matter how hard you try, you’ll never be like anybody else? In today’s post I am shining a light on why standing out is a good thing and how understanding your differences can make you happier and more successful. Here’s the deal: Among the 7 billion people on this planet there’s not one person that’s exactly like you. No one has your unique intellectual blueprint, experiences the same awe inspired moments, has the same strengths, grapples with the same fears, or comes up with the same creative ideas. And while in the past you might have tried to be like others, now being weird is the new normal and the more you embrace your quirkiness and stop comparing yourself to others, the happier, more successful, and more recognized you’ll become. (Seth Godin wrote a book about it called “We Are All Weird”.) The world has changed. Instead of working for big companies people are going out on their own, cashing in on their unique qualities, and designing life-styles and work environments that fit their personal gusto and needs. Maybe it’s time to dig deep and find out who you really are? Because when you embrace your weirdness and craft your own body of work, this will happen:
1. You Get HappierKnowing (and doing) what you love allows you to create a life-style based on your desires and dreams. It connects you to your higher purpose – and a community of like minded people – and, it will bring you ease, deep satisfaction, and pure joy. This is your natural state.
2. You Stop SearchingEver felt as if you are on a roller-coaster trying to figure out your life? Understanding your genuine self puts a stop to the search. Apart from being a huge relief, this will release tons of energy and help you to focus on developing and polishing your skills.
3. You’ll Start AttractingThis is where the law of attraction comes into play. By being more true to yourself, you’ll experience synchronicity and flow. Life becomes magical, rife with opportunities and heartfelt connections.
4. You Become More ConfidentAs a side effect of being happier and more relaxed, you’ll develop greater confidence and self assurance. Your fears will disappear and give way to exciting new challenges that turn your life into an invigorating adventure.
4. You Take Bigger RisksWomen often tell me that they are risk averse; using your brilliance gives you the courage to take bigger steps. If fear has stopped you from making bold decisions in the past, now you’ll attract opportunities that light your fire and that are the perfect next step on your path of self-actualization.
5. You Have More FunPursuing the right challenges and taking bigger risks will make your life more fun and exciting. This in turn will bring you bigger opportunities. All you need to do is keep matching your skills to the challenges.
6. You’ll Have More CharismaEvery cell in your body knows exactly what you were born to do and when you allow your true nature to emerge, your body will change. It’s a transformation that happens on a molecular level. As you relax, you become more magnetic. You start to look younger, have more energy, and experience increased well-being. Being your (weird) self is good for your body, mind, and soul.
7. You Start Building Your LegacyFinally, by tapping into your true self you’ll create work you care about and start building your legacy. Whether this is a product, a book, a service, or an invention, it’ll be made with love and carry your unique signature. Now, I’d love to hear from you. What’s your experience? Have you embraced your exceptional qualities? Did your life change as a result? Please share with us in the comments below. As always, thank you for reading. Karin *** Want to dig deeper and uncover your unique qualities and strengths? Download a free chapter of my popular book “ALIVE: A Practical Guide to Get Out of Your Head and into Your Heart” to take first steps on your path of self-discovery. Click here to claim your free copy. To share your ideas, place your comments below or on my Facebook page. You can also write to me, I’d love to hear from you. To spread the word, please share this post with others using the icons below. And, if you’d like to work with me to discover your special qualities, consider participating in a one-on-one session – for women who want to find their gift, fall in love with themselves and change the world. *** Photo Source: kimrose… via photopin cc
Get Karin’s Newsletter.
RECEIVE THE LATEST UP-DATES, BLOG POSTS & NEWS.